Ion Ice Auger Vs StrikerMaster Lithium Lazer
Ion Ice Auger Vs StrikerMaster Lithium Lazer Comparison
There have never been more options for ice fishermen when it comes augers than now. Hardwater anglers have the luxury of choosing exactly which model is right for their needs from a wide variety of high quality manufacturers. Perhaps the two models that are demanding the most attention for the 2014-2015 ice fishing season can be found in Ion Ice Auger vs Strikemaster Lithium Lazer.
What makes these two particular models so interesting is that they require absolutely no fuel, propane or gas, and operate solely on electricity. What this means for anglers is that the days of mixing oil and gas and lugging around propane are over. Electric ice augers can be charged up from a standard household outlet and provide maximum mobility for ice fishermen thanks to their lightweight and compact dimensions. Plus, all-electric ice augers don’t release any exhaust fumes which keeps your clothes clean and allows for holes to be drilled inside of enclosed areas.
Compare the Ion Ice Auger vs Strikemaster Lithium Lazer today side-by-side and see which model is right for you!
|8" Ion Electric Ice Auger - $529.99||VS||8" StrikeMaster Lithium Lazer - $599.99|
|6" or 8"||Drill Size||8"|
|22 LBS||Weight||24 LBS|
|40V Max Lithium Ion (Removable)||Battery||50-Volt Lithium Ion (Removable)|
|Yes||Batter Power Indicator||Yes|
|40 Holes @ 24" Of Ice||Holes Per Charge||56 Holes @ 24" Of Ice|
|34" Auger (+12" Extension Included)||Auger Length||40" Auger|
|2-Year Limited||Product Warranty||3-Year Limited|
|1-Year Limited||Battery Warranty||1-Year Limited|
Ion Electric Ice Auger Key Advantages:
- Easy to handle, yet sturdy: The Ion Electric Ice Auger features a very slim profile and two sturdy metal handles with rubber grips and reverse-drive option. This gives it a solid feel and the rubber grips means your hands won't freeze on those really cold days and you can easily back out of holes.
- Mobility and Versatility: The main auger found on the Ion is roughly six inches shorter than the StrikeMaster Lithium Lazer, which makes it ideal for travel in a flip-over shelter, small sled, snowmobile, four-wheeler or vehicle. As an added bonus, Ion throws in a free 12” extension that easily attaches with an Allen wrench for extremely thick ice conditions.
- Tough and Dependable: Ion went ahead and constructed its all-electric auger with a solid-steel auger for added strength. It also features a straight through blade design for clean hole cuts and the option to effortlessly re-drill frozen holes.
StrikeMaster Lithium Lazer Key Advantages:
- Strong Performance: The StrikeMaster Lithium Lazer is brand new for the 2014-2015 Ice Fishing Season and is certainly a product to look into. Only two pounds heavier than the 8” Ion model, the Lithium Lazer features a stronger battery that is rated to punch up to 16 more holes than the Ion.
- Easy To Handle: To keep the weight down on the Lithium Lazer, StrikeMaster incorporates VANDAR long filament High Impact Handles that can easily be managed with winter gloves and won’t freeze your hands.
- StikeMaster Quality: The StrikeMaster Lithium Lazer also features twin Stainless Steel Mora Lazer Blades, which are renowned in the ice-fishing world for being some of the sharpest and most dependable blades on the market to zip through all ice-conditions like a hot knife through butter!
Who should consider an electric ice auger?
It’s easy to look at electric ice augers and have some doubts; especially since gas powered models have been reliable workhorses for many anglers. Common misconceptions about new all-electric technology would be that they just simply wouldn’t have what it takes to perform like traditional gas models. This couldn’t be further from the truth as both models allow for a full day’s worth of hole drilling. The lightweight and compact design of both of these models make them extremely user friendly and perfect for any angler. No more pulling cold motors, mixing fuel or replacing tanks, just grab the handles, push a button and start drilling!
Did the Ion Ice Auger vs StrikeMaster Lithium Lazer comparison not convince you that all-electric is the way to go? Be sure to check out the selection of gas and propane ice augers at The Reel Shot today!